The position reports directly to Maserati Powertrain Quality Manager.
He/she will be responsible for quality activities for each Propulsion System area:
- Engine Systems & HVAC (intake, exhaust & fuel systems & conditioning systems)
- Base engine and application on vehicle.
For each area: defines and monitors quality targets, drives continuous improvement through priorization of current issues, supporting problem solving and solution identification with suppliers and Maserati Product Development. Assesses all program risks jointly with platform manager, driving Platform team to resolution or timely escalating unresolved issues.
Ensures smooth launch of new MY programs on vehicle by monitoring readiness KPIs upfront and managing early Field Warranty after launch.
He/she will be responsible to ensure quality readiness achieving specific Propulsion System targets for vehicle launch. Works cross-functionally to assess overall system readiness with platform team during all development phase & after launch to achieve & maintain a 1st Quartile competitive positioning.
- Review warranty & 3rd party data, establish priorities and relative improvement plans with key functions for warranty reduction. Establish and monitors target
- Quality monitoring in field and quality improvement
- Assess Program and application Readiness for each new MY
- Assess Launch readiness
- Reliability monitoring (issue tracking and solving from development phase), SW monitoring evaluation with specific tools
- Performs and supports Risk assessment on all issues
- Support Root Cause of failures (ensuring that all key functions are involved
- Warranty and 3rd party data (c/1000, CMU, JDP, NCBS, QFS)
- Lesson Learned recollection and implementation in all functions
- Risk monitoring tools (LUR)
- Mechanical or Electronic Engineering Master's Degree
- Previous experience in Powertrain Engineering environment and/or Quality
- Knowledge of Engine/ Engine Systems
- Language skills: Italian and English Upper-Intermediate (at least B2)
- Available to travel
- Seniority: >3 years working experience
- Previous filed or companies: Automotive or similar
- Computer skills/Software: Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Technical skills: mechanical/ electrical general knowledge