Join Maserati Propulsion System Team!
Power Electronics, eMotors and Electric Drive Module department is part of the Propulsion Systems organization with the following objectives and main goals:
- Provide world class Electrified Propulsion Systems (ePS) & Components, eMotors, Power Electronics & Electric Drive Modules
- Develop ePS subsystems & components to meet or exceed performance, fuel economy, NVH, mass, cost targets towards regulatory and vehicle packaging requirements while driving standardization and minimizing complexity
- Develop and deploy engineering best practices and processes to ensure quality, consistency, and on-time deliverables in a sustainable and cost effective manner
- The Product Design and Release Engineer responsibilities include (but are not limited to) specifying, designing, developing and releasing electric motors/EDM for Electric Vehicle (EV), Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) vehicle applications.
- The Engineer will guide the engineering development of electric motors/EDM from Design Concept into Product Launch, including Mechatronic Design and Thermal Analysis.
- The selected Candidate will: coordinate the release of designs, obtain design approvals, ensure designs are manufacturable, component readiness, track piece cost, investment & mass, support future design direction, lead and facilitate resolution of component issues, lead design changes through change management process, and support supplier quality assurance & warranty resolution
The Design Release Engineer will be responsible for:
- Plan, coordinate, carry out the product analysis (design / testing activities) for EDMs’ functions
- Ensure successful achievement of the EDM Performance attributes for Electrified Propulsions (BEVs)
- Responsible to define and develop the Engineering requirements for EDM systems for production focused product development programs
- Participate in new EDMs technology including Benchmarking and Lead of EDMs Assembly and Integration Activities
- Make recommendations to optimize system performance, while meeting the PHEV/BEV applications requirements.
- Lead resolving complex technical issues utilizing contributions from a team environment.
- Participate in EDMs technical roadmap and develop different EDMs Architecture concepts to meet product requirements
- Patriciate in reviewing/preparing proposals related to EDMs’ performance, cost, quality, diagnostic needs, environmental requirements, and applicable industry standards
- Coordinate with FCA Cross-functional teams (E-Motors, Power Electronics, Gearbox, Vehicle, Advanced Simulation, Innovation, etc.) to ensure the design and the assembly requirement of EDMs for BEV projects.
- Participate in EDMs’ new RFI/RFQ, BOM, DVP&R, CDR
- Participate in recording/documenting, and applying of Engineering Best Practices and Lessons Learned for All ongoing and new EDMs for BEV projects
- Supplier relationship management
- Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering (or a closely related engineering degree from an ABET accredited University)
- Experience in design tools such as Maxwell, JMAC, Kissoft, MotorCAD, and other FEA and simulation tools
- A minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in the field of electric motors or mechanical gearbox design (research graduate work may count towards experience); in the field of automotive powertrain, including validating & manufacturing
- Hands-on experience in testing of Electric Motors and knowledge of electrified powertrain propulsion systems
- Knowledge in control of Electric Motors
- Knowledge in Power Electronics
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt
- Knowledgeable in use of Team Center with experience in NX in a production release environment
- Experienced in product development process of automotive powertrain components
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills, and demonstrated problem solving ability
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Knowledgeable in regards to GD&T
- Understanding of manufacturing and quality processes of automotive components
- Basic knowledge of project management
- Good interpersonal and teamworking skills