The candidate will be involved into Body - UPPERBODY department, having the following MISSION:
- Support engineering and development activities (models & platforms) of UPPERBODY systems and components (bodyside inner/outer, roof, fender complete, …), from Concept phase until the SOP;
- Define and execute Maserati Innovation projects in order to implement into Product Development innovative products, processes and technologies;
- Carry out technology and process scouting for the definition of next-generation of Body products;
- Provide technical leadership of specific systems assuring that design rules are followed and design practices are implemented: includes base architecture and geometry development and innovation and virtual and physical validations (Design FMEA, Design Verification Plan and Report)
- Lead main role in supporting the execution of Upperbody components and systems standardization, design verification plan, design rule harmonization and lessons learned;
- Ensure application of corporate technical best practices and complexity strategies for each Upperbody system;
- Execute responsible for Upperbody components and systems commonality, re-uses with consistency across vehicle lines (including fasteners and joint designs);
- Develop standards in Upperbody systems design working together all other stakeholder (mainly, EMEA and NAFTA Product Development)
- Contribute to Design Integrity & Risk Assessment activities supporting dedicated Teams with lessons learned, best practices, engineering design practices, …
- Provide technical solutions and support PC in technical interfaces with PDO (product design office) and Advanced Engineering;
- Review all types of component proposals and request for changes and verify best practice read across and technical integrity;
- Support Upperbody System Responsible in developing & maintaining System and Components / Product Engineering level functional objectives, DFMEA’s, DVP&R’s, PSI, performance standards, and process standards;
- Support the Upperbody System Responsible in new innovation component activities and implementing weight reduction strategies;
- Conduct commodity benchmarking activities for their area linked to the program(s);
compliance reports, Owner’s Manual and Service Manual content;
- Accountable for the development and execution of requirements for their respective commodity(s) and application.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience;
- 3-5 years in automotive engineering, in OEMs or in Tier1 suppliers or in engineering companies, with experience in Body components development;
- Knowledge of Siemens NX.
One or more of the following technical skills are required:
- Deep knowledge of sheet metal parts design;
- Deep knowledge of FMEA/ASME technicalities;
- Knowledge of Body design standards and benchmark solutions.
- Ability to work in team and pursue complex tasks;
- Ability to support/consult work teams and teach /coach others;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural teams;
- Good problem solving capability;
- Good self-organization and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in stress conditions;
- Good English knowledge.